Lab 44 and Fungi Notes
Today in class, we took notes on Fungus.
Some important things to remember.......
Decompose dead organisms
- Recycle vital chemicals back into the environment
- Some fungi is pathogenic
- Adapted for absorptive nutrition
- Hyphae- threads composed of tubular walls
- Hyphae form mycelium, which is the feeding network of a fungus
- Reproduce by releasing spores
- spores germinate to produce mycelia
We also did Lab 44
In this activity you will:
1. Identify the parts of a mushroom
2. Observe basidia and spores of a mushroom
3. Observe the structure of lichens
- hand lens
We did not do everything that the procedure said. Mrs. Andrews showed us what the different thinngs looked like under the microscope.
Lab 44 is in the workbooks
Finish Lab 44
You Pick 2 UP pg 15-26 (pick to keys to do)
Next Scribe: Yunsu