Scribe Post 11/17/10
What did we do in class today?
• Went over UP pgs. 63~72
• Pedigree chart
• Homework: Lab #35, UP 92 A-F
• Possibility of a quiz tomorrow or Friday!
What is a pedigree chart?
A pedigree chart is a chart that shows the phenotypes of an organism and its ancestors.
<---------- P1 Generation (Parents)
<---------- F1 Generation (Kids in birth order)
<---------- F2 Generation (Grandkids)
You can identify the phenotypes of each shape by looking at the key!
• every rectangle would be male and every circle would be female
• rectangle filled with only orange, we know that phenotype would be a colorblind male
• rectangle is filled entirely with yellow, it is a male with normal vision
• circle contains only yellow, it is a female with normal vision
• a circle with half orange and half yellow would have normal vision with a recessive gene
Note: If you are unsure of whether or not the gene is homozygous or recessive, leave the second allele blank. DO NOT ASSUME!
Next Scribe: James C